grub-devel

Re: Macbook, Efi, Display mode

From: Stefan Bienert
Subject: Re: Macbook, Efi, Display mode
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 17:44:15 +0200

Bean wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 9:00 PM, Stefan Bienert
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> For me, the screen freezes, so graphics seem not to be cleared.
>>
>>> I could perhaps try the efi graphics driver on some iMacs later
>>> this/next week (depending on the location where you are reading this).
>> That would be nice. I use Bean's repository.
>
> Hi,
>
> Most likely it doesn't get the frame buffer address right, so screen
> is written to somewhere else, this also consist with the fact you
> don't see any console output until x starts.
>
> BTW, when you use the linux command, it should show some line about
> detected video card info, can you paste it here.

Ok, here is what I get after choosing the linux menu entry. Everything
before the menu shows up, is to quick to read.

OUTPUT-Start
Rom image present.
  [Linux-bzimage, setup=0x2c00, size=0x2784a0]
  Video mode: 1280x800-32
  Frame buffer base: 0x80010000
  Video line length: 8192
OUTPUT-End

I hope this is the requested info. Do provide other stuff, I probably
need a detailed instruction.

BTW, I cannot switch to terminal from X after starting with Grub2.

greetings,

Stefan