grub-devel

Re: [GITGRUB] New menu interface (implementation)

From: Michal Suchanek
Subject: Re: [GITGRUB] New menu interface (implementation)
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 11:32:46 +0200

2009/9/28 Bean <address@hidden>:
> On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 7:01 AM, Michal Suchanek <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I tried looking at the overflow but i seriously have no idea what are
>> all these regions the gfx_region_update_* gets.
>>
>> There is some scn_x and scn_y but these do not seem to be the screen
>> coordinates of the region.
>>
>> If I could tell for what region I am doing the update (that is the
>> x,y,width,height of the region in screen coordinates) I could set the
>> viewport accordingly so that the content does not overflow.
>>
>> At the very least the patch replicates the same breakage in much fewer
>> lines of code.
>
> Hi,
>
> I've tried to use viewport method before, but there seems to be some
> bug in video system that the font doesn't drawn at all. I can see the
> text when removing grub_video_set_viewport, and the position is
> correct.

This patch has identical rendering of the sample so the text does
render, and reduces code size and code duplication.

If bitmaps/backgrounds render but text does not then it's likely a
problem with the code that sets the region. All text/bitmap/fillrect
should  use the same clipping method (unfortunately, there is no
single clipping function and the code is duplicated so I cannot be
sure). If there is a real problem with clipping of text then it should
be fixed in fb.

Thanks

Michal