grub-devel

Re: powerpc/sparc problems

From: Felix Zielcke
Subject: Re: powerpc/sparc problems
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 11:42:25 +0200

Am Montag, den 12.10.2009, 02:05 -0700 schrieb David Miller:
> From: Felix Zielcke <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 10:55:46 +0200
>
> > And David we still have this sparc bug open, which I forwared to
> > grub-devel:
>
> I'm about to head to Tokyo for the Linux Kernel summit and
> the Japan Linux Symposium so I'll be out of commission for
> a few weeks again.
>
> Right when I'm about to get back to even trying out the latest
> GRUB I hit another conference or major trip.
>
> So please do not make me the critical link in the chain for Sparc
> things until later this year.  If these things are to be fixed sooner
> than that, someone else will need to look into them.

Thanks for looking into this, even if it's not now :)
Unfortunately AFAIR you're the only sparc guy on the list here or am I
wrong?

For me this isn't that important. For the 1.97 release I wouldn't anyway
declare sparc as a fully stable port.
And in Debian powerpc and sparc isn't that much used.

--
Felix Zielcke
Proud Debian Maintainer and GNU GRUB developer