grub-devel

grub2pxe give a specific cfg file per host

From: Yoann Moulin
Subject: grub2pxe give a specific cfg file per host
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 18:46:28 +0200

Hi,

I'm testing grub2pxe and I'd like to know if it's possible to give
different configfile (diff that grub.cfg) per host/mac address such as
pxelinux does with mac address detection.
option-150 was used for that before but seem to not be implemented with
grub2

I'd like to do something like into the dhcpd.conf file:

host test1 {
 hardware ethernet 00:1c:42:01:f8:18;
 fixed-address test1.local;
 filename "grub2pxe";
 option option-150 "/boot/grub/test1.cfg";
}

where /boot/grub/test1.cfg might be a symlink on a default file.cfg or a
specific file.

is that something already implemented ? if not is there any plan for
something like that ?

Test environment :
- Parallels for Mac 4
- boot server runs Centos 5.3