grub-devel

Important notice regarding Bazaar repository

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Important notice regarding Bazaar repository
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 16:20:49 +0100

Bazaar repository has been reconstructed and will soon be uploaded.  Here
are some important notes to take into account in order to prevent this
from happening again.

  - Don't use a bzr-svn version earlier than 1.0.0.  At 0.4.10 is buggy and
    corrupts your repository.  Actually, if you can, avoid bzr-svn completely.
    I will use it to resync trunk, and this should suffice for now.

  - Remove bzr-svn cache.  Data corruption most likely spread to it (this
    happened to me):

    $ rm -rf ~/.bazaar/svn-cache/

  - Don't use bzr-svn to commit to trunk (either original or mirror).  Use
    svn against the original svn repository.

  - Some of the pre-existing branches were corrupted and must NOT be re-pushed
    as-is.  Before pushing any new work to the repository (be it a new branch
    or an update to an existing one), verify that it is clean:

    - Make sure bzr-svn cache was removed.
    - Enter a directory that is NOT part of any local shared-repo.
    - bzr co ../path/to/local/branch

    In some branches, (for example, /people/robertmh/ntldr), this will result
    in bzr error indicating the data is corrupt.  If that doesn't happen, go
    ahead with the push but please NOTIFY ME either by mail or IRC.

--
Robert Millan