grub-devel

Re: Booting TrueCrypt Windows Hard Drive

From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re: Booting TrueCrypt Windows Hard Drive
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 12:51:56 +0100

Rob Power wrote:
> Hi to all!
> I have a similar problem with this configuration:
> sda1 : Ubuntu boot Partition
> sda2 : Ubuntu Encrypted root
> sda3 : Windows XP (other people have same problem with Vista)
> encrypted with Truecrypt.
> There's a bug report related to this problem here
> (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub2/+bug/484102 ) opened
> by another user.

You have posted the same bug report to the same list twice in last two
days. Most people (including) just didn't have time yet to read through
list and your double posting isn't making it easier. Your problem is
that truecrypt booter and grub conflict for the use of mbr gap. Best
solution to this problem is to make truecrypt multiboot-compliant. I
shouldn't be difficult (you can have a look at how it was recently done
in Haiku) but I won't spend any of my time on it