grub-devel

Re: USB device not seen by grub

From: BandiPat
Subject: Re: USB device not seen by grub
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 09:45:14 -0500

Chris Jones wrote:
I am trying to have grub boot off a partition on a USB stick.

I issued the following command from the grub command line:

% insmod uhci

grub was hung and I had to do a hard reset.

Is this to be expected, considering that this is a fairly old system and
the BIOS knows nothing about USB devices.

Thanks,

CJ

If your BIOS on the computer does not support booting from USB devices then you probably got the correct result. :-)

You might check to see if there is a newer bios for your motherboard that does support USB booting, but if not, I can't see how you could ever get it to work!

Regards,
Pat

--
       ---Zenwalk v6.x--Linux 2.6.31---
"In brightest day, in darkest night, let those