grub-devel

Re: mkrelpath doesn't do what it should...

From: David Miller
Subject: Re: mkrelpath doesn't do what it should...
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 03:24:34 -0800 (PST)

From: Felix Zielcke <address@hidden>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 11:39:22 +0100

> Am Sonntag, den 06.12.2009, 23:30 -0800 schrieb David Miller:
>> I was trying to figure out why the kernel image paths generated
>> automatically for me by grub-mkconfig were not correct.
>>
>> I have /boot on a seperate partition, but in the generated config
>> files it uses paths like /boot/vmlinux-2632 etc.
>>
>> The problem is grub-mkrelpath and it's usage in the scrips such as
>> "10_linux".
>>
>> "/boot" is given to "grub-mkrelpath", and this results in
>> the identical "/boot" in rel_dirname.
>>
>> So all the paths emitted by 10_linux end up being "/boot" based
>> instead of "/" based.
>>
>> grub-mkrelpath seems to do the right thing if I pass it a full path,
>> f.e. giving it "/boot/vmlinux" emits the correct "/vmlinux"
>
> The one mount point case is now fixed in r1917
> See Subject: `handling mount points in grub-mkrelpath' from me for the
> patch.

Thanks I'll have a look.

Locally for testing, I changed the 10_linux script to pass the
complete image path name to the device root relative pathname
resolver.  That worked just as well.

In fact I don't see why these scripts don't do that, and relatively
resolve the /boot directory whatever seperately.