grub-devel

Re: autogen.sh warnings

From: Felix Zielcke
Subject: Re: autogen.sh warnings
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 23:34:15 +0100

Am Mittwoch, den 09.12.2009, 16:19 -0600 schrieb Bruce Dubbs:
> config.guess, config.sub, missing, mkinstalldirs, and install-sh are
> only copied from /usr/share/automake-<version> as a part of automake.
> AFAICT, they are not used in GRUB.  I'm pretty sure they are the same
> on
> all architectures, but I could be wrong about that.

config.guess and config.sub are used by configure.
mkinstalldirs is used by the generated Makefile.
Looks like configure checks if install-sh is there but except of this it
isn't used.
missing isn't used because we don't use automake and maintainer mode.
--
Felix Zielcke
Proud Debian Maintainer and GNU GRUB developer