grub-devel

Re: GRUB 2 for DEC Alpha?

From: Felix Zielcke
Subject: Re: GRUB 2 for DEC Alpha?
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 13:43:56 +0100

Am Donnerstag, den 04.02.2010, 22:24 +0100 schrieb Vladimir
'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko:

> Matt Turner wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I learned today that GRUB 2 aims to be cross platform and already
> > supports in some form PPC.
> >
> > Is there any interest in supporting the DEC Alpha (SRM) platform?
> >

> Is there still any interest in this? I have a possibility of buying
> cheaply an Alpha Workstation. If I do I can lend a hand in porting but
> don't want to do the whole porting myself. (nor I see any point if
> nobody is interested in it)

Debian squeeze will probable be released without the alpha Architecture
[0] and Wikipedia tells there are no new Alphas sold since April 2007.
I think there are more important things to do then adding support for an
architecture which is already in the progress to die.

[0] http://release.debian.org/squeeze/arch_qualify.html
--
Felix Zielcke
Proud Debian Maintainer and GNU GRUB developer