grub-devel

GRUB with Automake build system

From: BVK Chaitanya
Subject: GRUB with Automake build system
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 17:08:01 +0530

Hi,

Initial phase of automake based build system is ready for testing.  It
is now available in branches/automake branch.  It currently has native
build support for only i386-pc architecture.  Make rules for other
architectures needs to be ported from rmk files.

Since it uses nested packages approach, it can, in theory, support
cross compiling with different TARGETCC and HOSTCC compilers, but this
is yet to be tested.

Changes are fairly big.  For example, all modules and images that
needs to be compiled with TARGETCC are moved into a nested package
(grub-core) sub directory, etc.  I did not like some changes myself,
(like sharing header files and source files directly from nested
package, but I did not see any other easy approach) so please let me
know your comments.

thanks,
--
bvk.chaitanya