grub-devel

how to compile the grub legacy on AMD64

From: Bai Shuwei
Subject: how to compile the grub legacy on AMD64
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 16:06:32 +0800

HI, All:
    When i compile grub on my AMD64, i get the error for configure
command without options. And it is successful when i use the
./configure --host=i386-linux, i use the cross-compile tool. But i get
the 32bits binary grub.

 grub$ file grub-0.97/grub/grub
grub-0.97/grub/grub: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1
(SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

I want to run the grub tool on the AMD64 system. But the grub will not
work on my system.  And the grub2.0 has replace grub1.0 in the apt
mirror. I cannot download the grub from source mirror. So i want to
know how to compile the grub-v1.0 on my AMD64 to generate grub command
run on my system, or where i can download the old grub package,
thanks!

Best regards

Bai Shuwei

--
Love other people, as same as love yourself!
Don't think all the time, do it by your hands!

E-Mail: address@hidden