Adding support for top grub menu

From: Jarno Suni
Subject: Adding support for top grub menu
Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 15:20:35 +0300

I have many operating systems in my computer and I use a top grub menu
in a separate partition to chainload boot loaders of  operating
systems. I think that practice is not supported well. I have made the
top menu by editing the grub.cfg of the dedicated partition manually.
I could avoid manual editing of grub.cfg, if I could give the custom
locations of what is currently read from /etc/grub.d/ and
/etc/default/grub to grub-mkconfig as command line arguments. (I think
I could use "mount --bind" already.)