grub-devel

Re: Theme format documentation

From: Colin D Bennett
Subject: Re: Theme format documentation
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 17:31:42 -0700

On Thu, 13 May 2010 01:33:12 +0200
Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello, Collin. I would like to incorporate theme format manual into
> grub.texi. I would like to take http://grub.gibibit.com/Theme_format
> as a base and adjust it. Did you write it yourself. Can we assume
> that it's under your contributor agreement?

Yes, I wrote it myself (as you might guess from the line that says
“Author: Colin D. Bennett <address@hidden>”.  ;-)  And yes, it is
covered under my contributor agreement.

> Was it written in html or
> converted to it from another format? If later may I have the original?

The theme format document is natively written in reStructuredText (rST),
a lightweight markup that is really pleasant to read and write in plain
text.  I think it should be easy to convert it to Texinfo.

The rST source for the document is at
<http://grub.gibibit.com/Theme_format.txt>.

(Conveniently, the GRUB wiki supports rST markup using "#FORMAT rst" at
the beginning of the page.  That made it possible for me to simply
paste my original document in rST format into the ThemeFormat wiki page
<http://grub.enbug.org/ThemeFormat>.)

Regards,
Colin