grub-devel

Re: btrfs-probe branch

From: Colin Watson
Subject: Re: btrfs-probe branch
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 13:56:47 +0100

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 01:17:24PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> (Vladimir cited a rumour to the effect that libblkid may be able to
> handle this, but I haven't been able to find any evidence of it knowing
> how to deal with mount points at all.  We can always revisit this
> later.)

Scott James Remnant chased this up.  'blkid -o list' shows mount points,
but this is implemented in the blkid command-line tool rather than in
the libblkid library.  I don't think it would be significantly easier
for grub-probe to parse the output of a command-line tool than for it to
just parse /proc/self/mountinfo, and it certainly wouldn't be any
quicker, so I suggest staying with the approach in my branch until some
appropriate feature is available in libblkid or another common library.