grub-devel

RE: [RFT] PXE chainloader

From: Turner, Ian
Subject: RE: [RFT] PXE chainloader
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 16:07:02 -0400

> Attached patch may help. I noticed that last file may still remain opened.

This works fine for me when chainloading PXELINUX or grub2 itself. But it fails
when chainloading the Solaris 10 U8 pxegrub. Specifically, we are doing PXE ->
Grub 2 -> pxegrub. pxegrub generates some output as follows:

Server: <correct IP address>
Site Option 150: <garbage>
BootFile: <bytes 1641-2049 of Grub 2's grub.cfg file>

Pxegrub then attempts to use the garbage above as a TFTP filename, which of
course doesn't work. Also, note that we do not use site option 150 in our DHCP
environment.

Note that chainloading PXE -> Grub 2 -> PXELINUX -> pxegrub generates exactly
the same problem above as chainloading PXE -> Grub 2 -> pxegrub, but
chainloading PXE -> PXELINUX -> pxegrub (i.e., without Grub 2) works just fine.

Cheers,

--Ian