grub-devel

Re: Documentation bug?

From: Chris Jones
Subject: Re: Documentation bug?
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 22:09:06 -0500

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 09:22:36PM EST, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Chris Jones wrote:

>> I plan to make extensive changes to a multi-boot environment and
>> I looked in ‘GNU GRUB Manual 1.99~beta0’ for a way to create a CD/DVD
>> that would reflect the state of my grub environment, (including my
>> /boot/grub/menu.cfg) that would let me boot the system as if I was
>> booting from the HD.
>
> I don't know where you looked, but the information you refer to is for
> GRUB Legacy.  The configuration file for GRUB 2 is /boot/grub/grub.cfg

Same place as usual :-)

http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub.html#Making-a-GRUB-bootable-CD_002dROM

OK wise guy.. I meant ‘grub.cfg’ ..

The file referred to in the _grub 1.99_ manual (grub 1.99.. that should
be grub2 right?) and that is missing from _both_ the ubuntu 10.10 system
_and_ the tarball, is *stage2_eltorito*.

> Try http://grub.enbug.org/Manual

Never heard of this site..

Anybody?

Thanks,