grub-devel

Re: New command to check NT's hibernation state

From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re: New command to check NT's hibernation state
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 02:03:56 +0100

On 28.11.2011 00:49, Peter Lustig wrote:
Hello all,

Hello
I would like to contribute a small module I wrote to read the header of MS Window's "hiberfil.sys" and determine whether it is in use (i.e. Windows has been suspended to disk). What is the procedure for donating code? Would I need commit rights to the repository, or would someone else do it for me? The source for the module is attached.

Thanks for this. However the coding style isn't according to our standards. Could you adjust to the standard? I recommend looking at other code and reading GNU Coding Standard. E.g. we don't use {0} initialiser, return value of commands, C++ comments or M$-$tyle variables.
Thanks,
Peter Lustig

P.S. I have tested the code and verified it works for Windows 7. Also, from what I understand about "hiberfil.sys" from the SandMan project (cf. <http://www.msuiche.net/pres/PacSec07-slides-0.4.pdf>), it should work for Windows Vista and XP as well.