grub-devel

Re: Device instability, gettext and default

From: Andreas Vogel
Subject: Re: Device instability, gettext and default
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2012 15:51:40 +0100

Vladimir,

this enhancement is part of my patches which i sent some days ago.....

I introduced an option "--label STRING" which will be used for display if it's set and which can also have environment variables (another part of my patches).

It's just a matter of taste though if to use a new option --id for an invariant menu id or to use the actual menuentry title as the invariant id and to have a new option --label for the display string. Both ways provide backward compatibility.

BTW, I just wonder a little that you refused my enhancements due to code freeze but are now enhancing anyway ;-)

Andreas