grub-devel

Re: [RFC] Moving from Bazaar (bzr) to git

From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor
Subject: Re: [RFC] Moving from Bazaar (bzr) to git
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 11:04:02 -0400

On 06/24/2013 06:27 AM, Mikko Rantalainen wrote:
> I'd suggest trying to apply the workflow used by git development for
> grub, too.

While i don't expect my opinion to have any particular weight (i'm
mostly a bug reporter and tester in this community) i would also be
happy to see a switch from bzr to git if the upstream devs are OK with it.

I have to disagree with the above.  Maintaining a mirror at github.com
is not at all a requirement, and the maintenance of such a mirror is
extra work (however small).  The extra mirror can potentially create
confusion if it isn't properly maintained, as can the github issue
tracker if it isn't the canonical issue tracker.  If you consider
switching to git, please don't spend any extra cycles worrying about
github.com integration unless you have a compelling reason to do so.

        --dkg