grub-devel

USB 1.0/1.1 devices on modern machines with only EHCI/XHCI.

From: Melki Christian (consultant)
Subject: USB 1.0/1.1 devices on modern machines with only EHCI/XHCI.
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 07:10:58 +0000

Hi,

Is there a known problem with these devices in GRUB?

I have a core i7 based Dell Latitude 6430 with an integrated broadcom smart card reader. The devices looks like it is a USB 1.0/1.1 device, probably sitting behind some hub to the EHCI-controller.

As far as I can tell, this machine does not have a companion UHCI controller at all.

GRUB does not detect this device. I had a older machine with the same broadcom smart card reader but sitting on a companion controller UHCI. That worked just fine.

Regards,

Christian