grub-devel

How to implant in GRUB 1.96 and GRUB 2.00+ kernel command from GRUB 0.97

From: Stojsavljevic, Zoran
Subject: How to implant in GRUB 1.96 and GRUB 2.00+ kernel command from GRUB 0.97?
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 15:38:16 +0000

Hello,

I have old 32bit GRUB version 0.97 installed long time ago on HDD. I am adding
to it 32bit kernels for testing with the command: linux (hd0,
1)/images/bzImage_x.y.z [options] ...<cr>

I was able to add and boot standalone Bare Metal environment (around 60KB in
size) using the following two lines:
kernel (hd0,1)/images/kernel<cr>
boot<cr>

This does boot my CPUs to use cases I would like them to execute.

I tried the same for GRUB version 1.96, but this does not work anymore! Did not
try it for GRUB 2.00+...

The question is: what are the substitutes for commands (in GRUB 0.97):  kernel
(hd0,1)/images/kernel<cr> boot<cr>
[1] For GRUB 1.96?
[2] For GRUB 2.00+?

Thank you in advance,
Zoran
_______
Most of The Time you should be "intel inside" to be capable to think "out of
the box".

Intel GmbH
Dornacher Strasse 1
85622 Feldkirchen/Muenchen, Deutschland
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Christian Lamprechter, Hannes Schwaderer, Douglas Lusk
Registergericht: Muenchen HRB 47456
Ust.-IdNr./VAT Registration No.: DE129385895
Citibank Frankfurt a.M. (BLZ 502 109 00) 600119052