grub-devel

Request a freeze exception for vlantag feature

From: Paulo Flabiano Smorigo/Brazil/IBM
Subject: Request a freeze exception for vlantag feature
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 11:34:10 -0500

Hello everyone,

With the consent of Vladimir Serbinenko, I committed three patches in the next branch. Those patches add support for virtual LAN (VLAN) tagging. VLAN tagging allows multiple VLANs in a bridged network to share the same physical network link but maintain isolation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.1Q

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=grub.git;a=commit;h=11454e94ea8e78317b9c9ab22855e26890880745
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=grub.git;a=commit;h=8ff3c31f6d59ca758b3bc0020e5140dcc937edd6
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=grub.git;a=commit;h=af768f8d4166aae41bbac8575fca7c65a319bfdb

I come here to ask for an freeze exception so it can be also in master and in 2.02 release.

Thanks in advance,
--
Paulo Flabiano Smorigo
Software Engineer