grub-devel

Re: grub-shell: Pass -no-pad to xorriso when building floppy images

From: Thomas Schmitt
Subject: Re: grub-shell: Pass -no-pad to xorriso when building floppy images
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 16:36:05 +0100

Hi,

Vladimir Serbinenko:
> Hm, that's annoying that xorrisofs has single-dash long parameters.

Inherited from mkisofs for the emulation.
(xorriso native commands are recognized with as many dashes
 as you want.)

I could make it tolerate double-dash if this is desired.

> Perhaps we shouldn't use argp for parsing arguments in mkrescue but own,
> simpler code.

My main question is whether you want the user interface of
grub-mkrescue to change between GRUB2 versions 2.00 and 2.02.

If so, then let's make a plan for a new user documentation
and determine what xorrisofs needs to learn in order to
implement its share of that documentation.

If the user interface shall not change, then i propose to
implement the semantics of the arguments loop of grub-mkrescue.in
inside grub-mkrescue.c.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas