grub-devel

Re: PXE-Grub has no menu - File not found

From: Beeblebrox
Subject: Re: PXE-Grub has no menu - File not found
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 09:24:15 +0300

I solved the problems and I just wanted to update the thread on how it
was done.

1. With my folder dhcp/tftp structure, the way to issue the mknetdir is
by including the "sub-directory" flag. This works:
cd /jail_or_vm/root/folder && grub-mknetdir --net-directory=./boot
--subdir=grub

2.  For direct-booting FreeBSD from Grub (without BTX chainload), the
FreeBSD kernel must be build with BOOTP options. This is because BTX
apparently natively includes this code while Grub does not. Rebuild
kernel after enabling:

options BOOTP           # Needed for non-btx PXE
options BOOTP_NFSROOT   # Needed for non-btx PXE

Regards.