grub-devel

Re: Chainloadig from grub2 to isolinux

From: tuxracer
Subject: Re: Chainloadig from grub2 to isolinux
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 14:44:59 +0200

>If you have concrete change proposals tell so.
>Also you can use easy configs with grub2, you don't have to use all features
>for a simple setup.

The problem  with grub2 is not that a really simple config does not work. The
problem is, that ALL what is a little bit more than a simple config is not or
not really good documeted, so it looks like a not understandable black box,
with no chance to do anything what it shoud be good for; to manage advanced
boot configurations with a REALLY EASY USE so my first proposal is made it
easier to use, or give step by step documentation so  that even a dummy can do
more than a stupid single boot configuration without running the gauntlet
through the net, and yet not find the neccesary answers what to do for case x
or y or somewhat else.
I say it again. Made the use of advanced configurations a  lot more easier and
better working
A good example is that os-prober is a good idea, that not really works. I have
tested it with nearly all linux distros it gives on earth, and i have found out
that if i give no boot partition for all systems i have installed it works, but
a simple multiboot configuration with a seperated boot partition is impossiple,
because the prober fails
My next proposal is that other people also had said
chainloading iso, without the needs of extracting kernel and initrd and
loopmounting it
Simple for the user is the keyword, the goal to reach