grub-devel

How to statically linked a library to GRUB2?

From: Madeline Dor
Subject: How to statically linked a library to GRUB2?
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 16:31:28 -0700

Hi experts,

I am new to GRUB2 and I have a library (libuser.a) that I would like to statically linked to GRUB2.  Is this possible?

I have looked at grub2/grub-core's Makefile.core.def and I saw:
module = {
    name = regexp;
    common = commands/regexp.c;
    common = commands/wildcard.c
    ldadd = libgnulib.a;
    cflags = '$(CFLAGS_POSIX) $(CFLAGS_GNULIB)';
    cppflags = '$(CPPFLAGS_POSIX) $(CPPFLAGS_GNULIB)'
};

What does ldadd do? Where does libgnulib.a live? I tried to search for libgnulib.a in the grub directory but I couldn't find it. I also tried to search online but couldn't find any info.

Thanks.