grub-devel

Re: building grub2 on a Mac, possible bug

From: Mike Gilbert
Subject: Re: building grub2 on a Mac, possible bug
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 13:46:34 -0400

On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 11:24 PM, Andrei Borzenkov <address@hidden> wrote:
> В Sun, 26 Oct 2014 21:00:18 -0600
> Chris Murphy <address@hidden> пишет:
>
>> This is on a macbookpro9,2, running Fedora 20, and I've git cloned from
>> git://git.savannah.gnu.org/grub.git and I'm in master branch.
>>
>> $ ./configure
>> checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
>> checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
>> checking target system type… x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
>>

> This is normal; I get the same on openSUSE and IIRC it had always been
> the case.

autoconf does not attempt to guess the vendor on Linux.

Pass --build to configure with your toolchain's vendor tuple to
resolve this quirk. For example:

./configure --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu

checking build system type... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
checking target system type... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu

This probably will not help with the efi auto-selection issue as
Fedora probably does not use 'apple' in the vendor field.