grub-devel

Re: grub2 and touch screen

From: Michael Zimmermann
Subject: Re: grub2 and touch screen
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 14:26:24 +0200

if this is the case it should actually by kinda easy.
You may want to take a look at this project to get an idea of how to implement the UI part of this:
https://bitbucket.org/byteit101/grub-mouse.git

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 10:38 AM, Andrei Borzenkov <address@hidden> wrote:
В Wed, 24 Jun 2015 20:15:23 +0200
Michael Zimmermann <address@hidden> пишет:

> doesn't your device have any buttons(volume?) without the keyboad?
> That would be way easier then adding touchscreen support especially if UEFI
> doesn't provide a API for that(which I guess it doesn't).

Actually UEFI defines both relative and absolute pointer protocols.
Writing driver for it would be interesting project (not sure of GSoC is
still relevant, related pages on grub web site were not updated for
years; I also do not know who is responsible for content).