grub-devel

Re: Grub2 bug report

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: Grub2 bug report
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 19:40:59 +0300

19.08.2015 13:00, du pingping пишет:
I think that the grub2 needs to work for many grub shell commands.
But critical error is occurred as follow.Bug scenario is as following.- at the
grub menu, press C key.
- enter "linux /vmlinuz" command to "grub>" shell
- enter above command once more.
- grub2 does not response.I traced the code lines.
So the grub2 is entered and never ended a loop at the
grub_core/lib/relocator.c, free_subchunk function.
And I could not skip this loop, because if i skip this loop, the /proc/cmdline
is broken.

Please always specify exact version you are using. I cannot reproduce it using current GIT master.