grub-devel

Re: Setting config_directory to prefix at grub launch time

From: Arbiel (gmx)
Subject: Re: Setting config_directory to prefix at grub launch time
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 15:18:54 +0100

Le 15/01/2016 12:32, Arbiel (gmx) a écrit :

> Le 15/01/2016 11:22, Andrei Borzenkov a écrit :
>> On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 1:16 PM, Arbiel (gmx) <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> In the Ubuntu distributions, there is a /etc/grub.d/41_custom which
>>> creates the following lines in the grub configuration file
>>>
>>> ### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/41_custom ###
>>> if [ -f  ${config_directory}/custom.cfg ]; then
>>>   source ${config_directory}/custom.cfg
>>> elif [ -z "${config_directory}" -a -f  $prefix/custom.cfg ]; then
>>>   source $prefix/custom.cfg;
>>> fi
>>> ### END /etc/grub.d/41_custom ###
>>>
>>> In the custom.cfg file, I use the source command to insert some private
>>> scripts stored in a ${prefix}/greffons/ directory. However, when the
>>> configuration file has been the target of a configfile command, the
>>> source of my private scripts becomes ${config_file}/greffons/. To be
>>> compatible to all situations, I need to have config_file set to prefix
>>> at the beginning of grub's running, as at this very moment prefix also
>>> is the directory of the configuration file.
>>>
>> config_directory is managed by grub to point to current source of
>> configuration.
> No, config_directory is unset when grub executes the configuration file
> pointed to by core.img. There is no config_directory listed by the "set"
> command (using|grub-mkconfig (GRUB) 2.02~beta2-9ubuntu1.4|).
> It seems to only be set by the configfile command.
Sorry for the disturbance. config_directory is set even when the current
configuration file is the one pointed to by core.img. I run a new test
echoing its value as the first line of the file. Its value is the same
as the value of prefix.
>> If you always need to use prefix, just always use
>> prefix. I'm afraid I do not understand the problem.
> I cannot always use prefix as I want to access the scripts located in
> the same directory as the current configuration file. This is the reason
> why I would be glad to always use config_directory, which is
> unfortunately unset when the current configuration file is the one
> core.img points to.
However, I confirm config_directory is not listed in the output of the
set command. Here is what I got

?=0
cmdpath=(hd0)
color_highlight=black/light-gray
color_normal=light-gray/black
defaut=0
feature_200_final=y
feature_chainloader_bpb=y
feature_default_font_path=y
feature_menuentry_id=y
feature_menuentry_option=y
feature_nativedisk_cmd=y
feature_ntdlr=y
feature_platform_search_hint=y
feature_timeout_style=y
font=unicode
gfxmode=auto
grub_cpu=i386
grub_platform=pc
lang=fr_FR
linux_gfx_mode=keep
locale_dir=(hd0,msdos1)/boot/grub/locale
menu_color_highlight=black/light-gray
menu_color_normal=white/black
menuentry-id=--id
pager=