grub-devel

Re: Boot Linux through GRUB2 on AMD DB-FT3b-LC

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: Boot Linux through GRUB2 on AMD DB-FT3b-LC
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 19:53:28 +0300

30.11.2016 18:59, Grigore Lupescu пишет:
> Hello Andrei,
>
> Unfortunately not - I cannot attach a serial. My only options excluding
> HDMI output are LPC (ordered header) and USB (with hacks, don't want to try
> this one yet). Any suggestions on debug would definitely help.
>
> From the looks of it it might be a Coreboot problem rather than a GRUB2
> problem but I am trying to wage out the possibility of something in the
> middle.
>
> Problem1 - Overflow each time I reach end of screen

I cannot reproduce it using grub-qemu (the closest to coreboot platform
I could build in short time). If you explain how to create coreboot+grub
for booting in qemu, I'll try it. I have some old notebooks that I can
use for testing, so I may try coreboot on real hardware if I get
detailed enough how-to.

> Problem2 - Linux doesn't boot. I execute the below to boot:
> grub> set root=(hd0,gpt2)
> grub> linux /boot/vmlinuz-4.4...-generic root=/dev/sda2
> grub> initrd /boot/initrd.img-4.4...-generic

set debug=all

> grub> boot

Well, if system really resets you may not have time to actually read
debugging output ... recently there was discussion about using serial
PCI card on help-grub; do you have USB-to-serial adapter?