grub-devel

MKPasswd idempotency patch

From: grub-devel
Subject: MKPasswd idempotency patch
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2018 12:01:12 +0100

Hello,

I want to use grub-mkpasswd inside of a ansible playbook, therefore a
idempotency or check feature is required.
Without it, there is no posibility to verify, that the configuration is already
inplace.
Therefore I want to suggest implementing the attached changes.
The simplest one I was thinking of, is grub-mkpasswd allowing to specify a salt
and comparing the results.
My patch also introduces a quiet mode, that basically suppresses all prompts
and only expects the password to be entered/piped in once. It also changes the
output slightly to not inlcude the `PBKDF2 hash of your password is `-part.

The patch is attached to this mail.

Best,
Klaus Frank