grub-devel

Re: GRUB loader support for RISC-V Linux

From: Daniel Kiper
Subject: Re: GRUB loader support for RISC-V Linux
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2021 17:26:21 +0200

Hey,

On Wed, Apr 07, 2021 at 06:48:54PM +0300, Nikita Ermakov wrote:
> Hi Atish,
>
> Thank you for the answer.
>
> On Sun, 4 Apr 2021 at 18:42, Atish Patra <Atish.Patra@wdc.com> wrote:
> > Hi Nikita,
> > Yes. It was discussed earlier that we should consolidate riscv &
> > ARM64 implementation as the ARM64 has a very generic implementation.
> > RISC-V should also use LOAD_FILE2 always.

I was going to ask about it at some point. So, I am happy that you
brought this up guys.

> > However, I couldn’t get time to revise the patches. I am on leave
> > until May. Is it possible to revise your patch series based on above
> > suggestions ? You can takeover my patches if you want or just start
> > from the scratch.
>
> Yes, I will try to implement these suggestions.

May I ask you to take a look at [1] too? This patch set waits for review
but I think it is good starting point. Or at least reference point...

Daniel

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2020-10/msg00124.html