gtick-devel

Re: [Gtick-devel] Spanish translation and question

From: Bernardo Arlandis Mañó
Subject: Re: [Gtick-devel] Spanish translation and question
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 11:00:09 +0100

Roland Stigge escribió:

The UTF-8 encoding is nice. :) Only your name (in the header) seems to
be encoded in ISO-8859-15 or similar. I adjusted it, but keep it in mind
for updates.

I've used poedit, it's the first translation I've done. I wasn't aware of that, but I understand the problem and I'll try to avoid it next time. :)

I'm also curious to know if there are any plans to support irregular beats, 5/8, 7/8 and the like.

With 7/8, do you mean 3+4 ticks or 7+8? Well, either of them could be
implemented, yes. I'll put in on the TODO list.

7/8 normally consists of 3 taps, 2+2+3 halfs of a quarter note, but could also be measured differently. I know this is a feature of modern metronomes but I haven't tested one myself to know how they handle it. It would be a great feature for musicians that sooner or later have to practise with this beats. Equally, 5/8 could be 2+3, but also 3+2. There are other beats like this.

Maybe the easiest way to implement this would be to add an option to alter up or down the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th time by a half of the time unit. I don't know if that would be the best way though. I'll try to find out how electronic metronomes do that.

Thanks for your work.
Regards.

--
Bernardo Arlandis Mañó