[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Guile-commits] branch wip-vector-cleanup updated: Update branch news fi
[Guile-commits] branch wip-vector-cleanup updated: Update branch news file
Thu, 06 Feb 2020 10:34:59 -0500
This is an automated email from the git hooks/post-receive script.
lloda pushed a commit to branch wip-vector-cleanup
in repository guile.
The following commit(s) were added to refs/heads/wip-vector-cleanup by this
new 35c058d Update branch news file
35c058d is described below
Author: Daniel Llorens <address@hidden>
AuthorDate: Thu Feb 6 16:34:50 2020 +0100
Update branch news file
NEWS-wip-vector-cleanup.txt | 9 +++++++--
1 file changed, 7 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
diff --git a/NEWS-wip-vector-cleanup.txt b/NEWS-wip-vector-cleanup.txt
index c45e643..7e382e8 100644
@@ -15,6 +15,10 @@ Use array->list and array-copy (from (ice-9 arrays)) on
Use scm_is_vector instead.
+** libguile/generalized-vectors.[hc] has been removed.
+If you were including libguile/generalized-vectors.h directly for any reason,
just include libguile.h instead.
* Backward incompatible changes
@@ -70,12 +74,13 @@ The ultimate goal of this patch set is to have arrays be
strictly layered above
- The _elements functions require the array handle interface even for true
vectors, when all of handle, inc and off are unnecessary. This creates a burden
(having to declare & release handles, etc).
- The srfi-4 _elements functions don't accept arbitrary rank-1 xxxarray even
though they require the array handle interface (inc, handle are superfluous).
-** Plan [3/7]
+** Plan [4/8]
- [X] Provide scm_VTYPE_(writable_)elements with signature [(SCM) ->
pointer] for all vector types.
- [ ] Provide scm_array1_VTYPE_(writable_)elements with signature [(SCM,
&handle, ...) -> pointer] for all vector types. These replace the old
scm_VTYPE_(writable_)elements but will be available on the array API and not on
the xxxvector APIs.
- - [ ] Remove the dependence of vector.c bitvector.c srfi-4.c etc. on
+ - [X] Remove the dependence of vector.c on array-handle-h
- [X] Remove the dependence of VECTOR-TYPE-ref -> array_handle use seen in
+ - [ ] Remove the dependence of bitvector.c srfi-4.c etc. on array-handle.h
- [X] Bug: setaffinity in posix.c failed to release the mask handle
- [ ] Bug: scm_bitvector_elements doesn't select for type = bit
- [ ] Bug: bit-set*! already requires second arg to be true bitvector
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- [Guile-commits] branch wip-vector-cleanup updated: Update branch news file,
Daniel Llorens <=