[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Guile-commits] branch master updated: Change -O1 compiler to use baseli
[Guile-commits] branch master updated: Change -O1 compiler to use baseline and also resolve primitives
Mon, 01 Jun 2020 15:17:05 -0400
This is an automated email from the git hooks/post-receive script.
wingo pushed a commit to branch master
in repository guile.
The following commit(s) were added to refs/heads/master by this push:
new e2066d2 Change -O1 compiler to use baseline and also resolve
e2066d2 is described below
Author: Andy Wingo <email@example.com>
AuthorDate: Mon Jun 1 21:15:39 2020 +0200
Change -O1 compiler to use baseline and also resolve primitives
* bootstrap/Makefile.am (GUILE_OPTIMIZATIONS): Change to just -O1.
* module/language/tree-il/spec.scm (choose-compiler): Use CPS for -O2
* module/system/base/optimize.scm (available-optimizations): CPS for -O2
and higher, but -Oresolve-primitives now at -O1 also.
bootstrap/Makefile.am | 7 +------
module/language/tree-il/spec.scm | 2 +-
module/system/base/optimize.scm | 12 ++----------
3 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 17 deletions(-)
diff --git a/bootstrap/Makefile.am b/bootstrap/Makefile.am
index 6010f84..a4634c4 100644
@@ -22,12 +22,7 @@
GUILE_WARNINGS = -W0
-# Loading eval.go happens before boot and therefore before modules are
-# resolved. For some reason if compiled without resolve-primitives,
-# attempts to resolve primitives at boot fail; weird. Should fix this
-# but in the meantime we turn on primitive resolution (which normally
-# only happens at -O2).
-GUILE_OPTIMIZATIONS = -O1 -Oresolve-primitives -Ono-cps
+GUILE_OPTIMIZATIONS = -O1
diff --git a/module/language/tree-il/spec.scm b/module/language/tree-il/spec.scm
index 511a2e2..05decf1 100644
@@ -42,7 +42,7 @@
(module-ref (resolve-interface `(language tree-il ,compiler)) compiler))
(if (match (memq #:cps? opts)
((_ cps? . _) cps?)
- (#f (<= 1 optimization-level)))
+ (#f (<= 2 optimization-level)))
(cons 'cps (load-compiler 'compile-cps))
(cons 'bytecode (load-compiler 'compile-bytecode))))
diff --git a/module/system/base/optimize.scm b/module/system/base/optimize.scm
index 3b056a5..6a88d7e 100644
@@ -27,16 +27,8 @@
(define* (available-optimizations #:optional lang-name)
- ;; Avoid resolve-primitives until -O2, when CPS optimizations kick in.
- ;; Otherwise, inlining the primcalls during Tree-IL->CPS compilation
- ;; will result in a lot of code that will never get optimized nicely.
- ;; Similarly letrectification is great for generated code quality, but
- ;; as it gives the compiler more to work with, it increases compile
- ;; time enough that we reserve it for -O2. Also, this makes -O1 avoid
- ;; assumptions about top-level values, in the same way that avoiding
- ;; resolve-primitives does.
- '((#:cps? 1)
- (#:resolve-primitives? 2)
+ '((#:cps? 2)
+ (#:resolve-primitives? 1)
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- [Guile-commits] branch master updated: Change -O1 compiler to use baseline and also resolve primitives,
Andy Wingo <=