Re: ice-9/and-let*.scm

From: Michael Livshin
Subject: Re: ice-9/and-let*.scm
Date: 11 Dec 2000 20:22:14 +0200

Marius Vollmer <address@hidden> writes:

> There are two possibilities:
>
> One, continue to simplistically map module names to filenames and
> demand that all module names make for sensible filenames.
>
> Two, allow all Scheme symbols are module name components and map to
> sensible filenames in a platform specific way.
>
> The first solution would require us to rename `(ice-9 and-let*)' and
> tell people to use the new name.  We can install a compatability
> module for the transition period (on systems that allow it).
>
> The second solution is cleaner but requires more porting work.  What
> is a sensible filename?
>
> Opinions?

the second option seems cleaner.  the porting work can be reduced by
using a simplistic encoding that would map any non-letter-or-number
character to a %<char-code>, a la the standard URL encoding.

would that work?

--
Don't trust these UNIX people.  They are all demons.  They kill their
parents and fork children.  I don't know how they could do this with