[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Hobbit progress...

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Hobbit progress...
Date: 23 Mar 2001 15:31:41 -0600
User-agent: Gnus/5.0808 (Gnus v5.8.8) Emacs/20.7

I've got the guile-comp module working now and properly linking with
the newer libtool (seems like libtool must have changed its behavior
since hobbit was last used).

I've also noticed at least a couple of things in hobbit that I think
need fixing, so I'll probably get to that next:

  (1) hobbit puts a static prototypes for every function in its .c
      output file in to the .h header.  There seems to be no point in

  (2) hobbit doesn't do any name mangling for it's C symbols that
      represent scheme references.  So if you call slib's sprintf in
      your code, it'll create a global variable named "SCM *sprintf"
      and use it to store the guile side function.  Needless to say,
      this can cause conflicts.  As a fairly simple fix, I think I'm
      going to do what I do in g-wrap and see about making sure all
      the hobbit syms are unique (using a prefix, gensymish tricks,

Going pretty well so far, though.

Rob Browning <address@hidden> PGP=E80E0D04F521A094 532B97F5D64E3930

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]