Re: Need of newer autoconf and libtool

From: NIIBE Yutaka
Subject: Re: Need of newer autoconf and libtool
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 09:30:20 +0900 (JST)

Dirk Herrmann wrote:
 > It seems that 1.3.5 is the latest stable version, while 1.3d is still
 > alpha (according to the gnu libtool page).

Yes.  There are two issues.  One thing is shared library which depends
another shard library.  Suppose we build libA.so and libB.so with
libtool and libB.so depends on libA.so.  Such build is not supported
in 1.3.5.  Another thing is support of dlopened module in proper.
IIRC, there's no official support for dlopened module in libtool
1.3.5, so, people just builds shared library (with no distinction of
dlopened module).  1.3d introduce the support of dlopened module.

My opinion is follow the evolution of libtool.  However, 1.3d is still
alpha, it may be difficult decision.