Re: module naming

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: module naming
Date: 20 Apr 2001 10:26:32 -0500

"Neil W. Van Dyke" <address@hidden> writes:

> Application areas tend to evolve over time, and I wonder if a
> functionality-based taxonomy of modules is the best way to name
> modules.

I think I agree.  The whole taxonomy approach, has, in other contexts
often provided endless fodder for organizational weinering, with long
arguments debating what, in the end, for some tasks trying to use a
formal taxonomy, are irrelevant distinctions.

If there's something for us to gain by having a "strict taxonomy",
then that's fine, but if not, then I suspect maybe we're better off
with the less abstract approach you're suggesting.

  i.e. (use-modules (goops ...))

seems clear and quite acceptable to me ATM.