Re: Recursive namespace

From: Keisuke Nishida
Subject: Re: Recursive namespace
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 03:38:05 -0400

At 24 Apr 2001 00:56:31 -0500,
Rob Browning wrote:

> >   (List::list-ref '(0 1 2) 1)  => 1
>
> I'm confused, why do you want a notation at all?  What's wrong with
> (List list-ref) as a notation, and presumably something much more
> efficient (a gensym?) internally?  Can you explain the application a
> little more?
>
> Also, why mixed case?

I just followed a notation some other systems use.
I thought this notation might be less confusing because
Guile is going to support multiple languages and many
languages would use a notation like this.

Is there any reason we shouldn't allow this notation
in Scheme?  It is not R5RS-compatible, but it should
be user's choice whether or not to follow R5RS.

> Unless I'm misunderstanding, when I was talking about recursive
> namespaces before, I was talking about something different.  I was
> talking about the (unexpected IMO) automatic inheritance of exported
> symbols by a child module from its parent.

Just forget about my error..