Re: Planning work

From: rm
Subject: Re: Planning work
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 18:14:25 +0200

Quick feedbach:

On Sat, Apr 28, 2001 at 06:32:55PM -0400, Ariel Rios wrote:
> [...]
>
> Availability:
> http://linux.cem.item.mx/~ariel/download/silex-1.1.0.tar.gz

The name of this server doesn't resolve from here

| > server bock.freinet.de
| Default Server:  bock.freinet.de
| Address:  193.141.226.1
|
| > linux.cem.item.mx
| Server:  bock.freinet.de
| Address:  193.141.226.1
|
| *** bock.freinet.de can't find linux.cem.item.mx: Non-existent host/domain

i have queried several nameservers over here in Germany but none
was able to resolve this hostname. Well, i couldn't even get information
for item.mx (using 'dig' or 'nslookup').

> CVS module:
> SILex is located in the GNOME CVS under the silex module.

That worked, but i think there is a bug in the install script:

  CP FILES DIR
  CHMOD DIR FILES

  FILES is "src/*scm " and DIR is the newly created directory that holds
  the scm files. CHMOD will fail since DIR FILES expands to
  "/usr/local/share/guile/1.4/silex/src/*scm"
                                    ^^^
                                    this is wrong

 Ralf Mattes

P.S.: There's a Makefile.am in the cvs but neither a configure.in
      or other neccessary files.