Re: Stable branch on May 21 feasible?

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Stable branch on May 21 feasible?
Date: 13 May 2001 17:55:59 -0500

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> Sorry for not being clear.  No, I don't think we should delay at
> all.  As far as I am concerned, I would be happy for you to go ahead
> with the next release stage even before Saturday 19th.  In general,
> I would prefer us to be less careful and more into an
> early-and-often release mode.

OK, well then it sounds like the main person I need to wait on is
Marius, so Marius, whenever you get finished, let me know.  At that
point, I'll start gearing things up.

> As I've said elsewhere, the one thing that I'd really _like_ to
> clear up before release is the GH question.  But even there, I don't
> think we should delay the release.  If it happens, good; if not, I
> hope that it won't be too long before we get to 1.8.0.  (In fact,
> whenever we do resolve (and document) the GH issue, that may be
> reason enough in itself for a new release.)

I'm happy either way.  I would be nice to have something definite on
this front soon, but I'm not sure we can manage that quite *this* soon
:>