Anyone have time to help me get started writing a profiler?

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Anyone have time to help me get started writing a profiler?
Date: 10 Jun 2001 01:08:14 -0500

I know that Mikael was working on a good one, but he seems to have
vanished for the time being, and I really need one fairly soon.

However, I'm not familiar enough with eval.c to be able to easily
create a good one myself (presuming that's what I need to be familar
with).  So would anyone who *is* familiar with the relevant items have
time to point me in the right direction a bit?

I'd be happy to try and create either an exact profiler, or a
statistical sampler, but depending on how it might be implemented, I
suspect the latter would interfere less with the data being collected
given code that's even moderately tail-recursive.

Thanks