Re: Unused third argument of scm_makfromstr

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Unused third argument of scm_makfromstr
Date: 24 Jun 2001 11:34:37 -0500

Dirk Herrmann <address@hidden> writes:

> We should be aware, however, that in a maybe not so far future a
> switch to a different string encoding may happen.  That means, that
> the string interface is likely to change again at that time.

Yep.  While we had most of the GnuCash develpers here we discussed the
fact that as Gnome 2.0 approaches, we're going to have to move to
unicode on the C side, and we're going to have to deal with whatever
implications that has for the Guile side.  In the short run, we may
have to just g-wrap the Gnome functions and try and avoid dealing with
strings as anything other than opaque objects from the Guile side :<