Re: strange stuff

From: Dirk Herrmann
Subject: Re: strange stuff
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 09:47:55 +0200 (MEST)

On 25 Jun 2001, Marius Vollmer wrote:

> What autoconf version generated libltdl/configure?  There is version
> information in the first few lines of it.  If it is 2.13, regenerate
> it with 2.50.  (I'll put a note in RELEASE about this, so that we are
> careful when doing releases).

Bingo!  "Generated automatically using autoconf version 2.13"
Hmmm.  I thought autogen.sh would recreate everything if necessary...

Surprisingly:  Deleting libltdl/configure and running autogen.sh from
guile-core does re-create libltdl/configure, but again using autoconf
2.13.  Only running autoconf by hand in the libltdl directory will use
autoconf 2.50.

I just realized that it is libtoolize (called from autogen.sh), which
creates a new configure script in libltdl, but using the old autoconf.
Why that is the case, I don't know.

Best regards,
Dirk Herrmann