Re: autoconf environment variables

From: Tim Van Holder
Subject: Re: autoconf environment variables
Date: 17 Sep 2001 16:48:47 +0200

On Mon, 2001-09-17 at 16:26, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
> [...]
> configure: configuring in libltdl
> configure: running sh './configure' --prefix=/usr/local  --datadir=/usr/share
> --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var -infodir=/usr/info --enable-
(I'm assuming this line break is an email artifact and not actually
present in the output).
> htmldoc LDFLAGS=-s CXX=g++ CC=gcc --enable-ltdl-convenience
> --cache-file=/dev/null --srcdir.
> configure: warning: LDFLAGS=-s: invalid host type
> configure: warning: CXX=g++: invalid host type
> configure: error: can only configure for one host and one target at a time
> configure: error: sh './configure' failed for libltdl

Looks like the configure script in the libltdl subdirectory is an old
one (pre-2.50).  Does autogen run autoconf there as well, or does it
expect libtoolize to bring in a valid configure script?
Does running autoconf manually in libltdl (after running autogen) help?