Re: Any reason GUILE_X_VERSION shouldn't be defined in a public header?

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Any reason GUILE_X_VERSION shouldn't be defined in a public header?
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 23:56:46 -0500

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> [Sorry this is late - I've been away.]
>
> Why "SCM_GUILE_" rather than just "SCM_"?  If you defend "SCM_GUILE_",
> why should we not rename everything that we already have to
> "SCM_GUILE_"?

The only possible reason would be to more directly match the names
used in ./GUILE-VERSION and the build infrastructure.  However, from a
libguile UI perspective you're right.  I wondered about this at the
time, and I'd be happy to switch the #define names if that's
considered more appropriate.

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu