Re: the rhetoric of "standard" Re: why standard scheme matters to me

From: Bill Gribble
Subject: Re: the rhetoric of "standard" Re: why standard scheme matters to me
Date: 09 Oct 2001 06:57:38 -0500

On Tue, 2001-10-09 at 04:08, Tom Lord wrote:
> That is hardly "all I've said".  But that's part of the point of the
> design logs -- reasoning gets lost amidst rhetoric in email.

Oh, so they're calling those "design logs" now?  Back when I was a
youngern we called them "those really long emails you send to mailing
lists to twist the facts around to support your arguments and present
other people's opinions as distorted strawmen".

I'm looking forward to your "design log".  Actually, sort of an
appropriate term considering the scatological interpretation of "log".

b.g.